On November 21st, Pop Up Produce will be making another TV appearance! Tune into PBS Charlotte at 8pm or 11pm for our segment on "Carolina Impact" and get a glimpse into one of our donated planting at Bruns Academy! We're grateful to share our story alongside others who are making an impact in our local food deserts. Thank you PBS for taking the time to film our work in action!
All of our Fresh Start Kits are packaged by local volunteers and you can be one of them! Join an awesome group of volunteers for our next Packaging Party onSaturday November 18th, from 11 AM- 12:30 PM in the Huddle Room at Hygge. Our Fresh Start Kits make a perfect gift for people of all ages and we will be packaging the Kits just in time for the holiday season! If you're interested in attending, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 11.
Join us and our community on October 15th, from 1 PM-5 PM in Uptown Charlotte for Open Streets 704! Open Streets advocates for people to enjoy biking and walking by closing down the street from cars. During the event, Pop Up Produce will be located in the Green Zone! More details to follow!
View Website >>
Join us in supporting the soft launch of local non-profit, the ZYN foundation. On October 13th from 6:30 PM-9:30 PM at the Hart Witzen gallery, the ZYN foundation will be holding their soft launch event! The ZYN foundation focuses on educating the community on agriculture, sustainability, and holistic approaches to health with an emphasis on low-income outreach. At the event Pop Up Produce will be teaching a class on growing food as well as our founder, Amanda Zullo, will be speaking on the panel!
136 E. 36th St.
View Event Page >>
On October 7th, from 9 AM- 12 PM at First Ward Park we will be at the first Annual Charlotte Monarch Festival. Join us in celebrating monarch butterflies, pollinators and wildlife habitats. This is a family friendly event and includes fun for all ages; best of all, admission is free!
301 E. 7th Street, Uptown Charlotte
View Event Page >>
- We are very excited to be a part of this urban garden & lifestyle tour
- Secret Gardens of Fourth Ward is "an urban garden and lifestyle tour in the heart of center city Charlotte. The tour showcases a mix of private gardens, courtyards, rooftop terraces and outdoor living spaces that are rarely, if ever, open to the public".
- Pop Up Produce will be a vendor at the event from 12 PM- 4 PM.
- Tickets are $20 and can be purchased here.
- "The Fresh Expo is an exciting event that showcases local, regional and national businesses and organizations that are innovative leaders in healthy, green, eco and sustainable living impacting the Charlotte metropolitan community"
- To learn more about the Fresh Expo, check out their website.
- Pop Up Produce will be one of the vendors
- Our founder, Amanda Zullo, will be speaking on the panel.
- Open Streets help advocate for people to enjoy biking and walking by closing down the street from cars.
- Open Streets 704 was made possible by a grant from the Knight Foundation.
- Pop Up Produce will be in the Green Zone.
- B-Cycle will be providing free bike rentals at each hub, during the event.
- If you are interested in learning more about the event, you can find the website here!
- Charlotte VegFest is a celebration of healthy, sustainable, and compassionate eating and explores the endless benefits of vegetarian living.
- There will be a multitude of speakers throughout the day. Some of these speakers include, Eddie Garza, Will Tucker, and Emily Byrd.
- Pop Up Produce has been invited to be one of the vendors.
- Located at Freedom Hall at The Park Expo and Conference Center
- 800 Briar Creek Rd, Charlotte, NC 28205
We had such a great time with the sisters of Delta Zeta Sorority for our first collaborative packaging party, we thought let's do it again! Looking forward to sharing laughs, packaging Fresh Start Kits and connecting with this wonderful group of sisters!
From 2:15-3:30, Pop Up Produce and team of volunteers will help the students of C3 Lab plant in their garden. Supplies provided for the school garden are thanks to our Fresh Start Kit owners! If you're interested in being a volunteer for this event, please email us at: email@example.com. You will need to register as a volunteer on CMS' website.
Whole Foods Sharon Road location will "showcase the measures (they) take to reduce and eliminate waste in our store". Pop Up Produce will be a pop up vendor for this event. We're excited about our newly formed partnership with Whole Foods and look forward to other pop up shops and community planting hub collaborations around town!
- "Celebrate our wonderful Earth and how to be sustainable! You can participate in HAWKcycyling: recycling of batteries, CFLS, aluminum pull tabs, corks, egg cartons, medicines, & more! Compost information, wildlife and animal exhibits, eco-friendly green businesses and services will be there to explore and learn more about.
Food vendors, music, and lots of fun will be there!"
- Located at Stumptown Park
- Annual Ballantyne Earth Day Event features music, food trucks, great giveaways, over 40 local vendors showcasing their sustainable efforts or green products and free, secure shredding and e-Cycling.
- Pop Up Produce will be a vendor at this event. If you happen to attend, we’d love to see you! Be sure to stop by our table.
- Brixham Tent, 5801 Brixham Hill Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28277
- The Bulb is hosting a pop-up market at Birdsong Brewery and Pop Up Produce is featured as one of the vendors!
- "The Bulb is fighting to end food deserts by creating pop-up markets that provide access to local nutrition and education on health and wellness".
21 designers are 'transforming' discarded items into masterpieces for the runway. not only will this show inform the audience about the importance of upcycling and reusing, it benefits 3 local organizations: @sustain_clt, @hiphopcaucus and @popupproduceclt.